• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

God's laptop

Hi Andy,

I was checking MBP with retina a week ago and was very disappointed by stability of the system. Namely, open terminal -> type top (aka unix task manager) -> try to view photos or browse not heavy websites-> watch to top in the terminal. You will see what these apps using 40-60% of CPU regardless of the actual application usage. And the screen is not that great in comparing to my lenovo w510 FHD.

how does CPU usage relates to stability of the system?

I am just pointing out that software part is raw and needs to be fixed. I think you can find more evidence exploring unix terminal

I am just pointing out that software part is raw and needs to be fixed. I think you can find more evidence exploring unix terminal
This is very vague. It also has very little to do with the OS.

I haven't had any stability problem with recent *nix system. OSX comes from the BSD family. I have been using OSX as a VM host for the past 3-4 years and it has been extremely solid.

Back