GRE retake necessary?

• Thread starter Thread starter Mat.S
  • Start date Start date
I took the GRE today and I received a score of 165 Quant and 161 Verbal with a expected AWA of 4. I feel that my quant score is a bit low since looking at the averages for tier-1 schools, the average quant scores are around 167-168. So other factors being competitive, is it necessary to retake the GRE?

If you have work experience, excellent references and good GPA, then in my opinion you don't need to retake the GRE. Many could consider scoring 165-170 a noise. But if a high GRE score is the only (or strongest) asset you could have, then you might consider retaking it. Also, I am not sure how much admission team considers this as important but your verbal score is astonishingly high for a MFE applicant (y)

If you have work experience, excellent references and good GPA, then in my opinion you don't need to retake the GRE. Many could consider scoring 165-170 a noise. But if a high GRE score is the only (or strongest) asset you could have, then you might consider retaking it. Also, I am not sure how much admission team considers this as important but your verbal score is astonishingly high for a MFE applicant (y)

Hi, I got my AWA today and surprisingly I scored a 5. Does this change anything?

Hi, I got my AWA today and surprisingly I scored a 5. Does this change anything?
This is also astonishingly high. Especially if you are an Asian applicant, this would definitely leave a good impression. Though I have no idea what kind of an impact it would have relative to GRE Quant score. Generally Verbal and AWA scores are more critical in MBA applications.

This is also astonishingly high. Especially if you are an Asian applicant, this would definitely leave a good impression. Though I have no idea what kind of an impact it would have relative to GRE Quant score. Generally Verbal and AWA scores are more critical in MBA applications.

Hey, I decided to re-take the GRE. My new score is 168Q/158V/4.5 AWA . So my quant score improved but the other two scores decreased. So which score should I send
165Q/161V/5 AWA or 168Q/158V/4.5 AWA ?

Back