• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Guy tattooed Gaussian Copula formula on his arm

Tattoo-thumb-600x400.jpg

Good luck explain this formula to the lady you meet at the supermarket ;)

http://www.publicradio.org/columns/...t/2011/05/the_story_behind_the_financial.html

At least it means something, unlike most of the tatoos I see on people's appendages.

it actually looks like a bas relief. as if it's projecting out from under the skin, haha.

There was a guy in undergrad with euler's formula on the arm, same type of tattoo.... I think he eventually dropped out too, lol.

If you had to choose a formula to tattoo, which one would you choose? ;)

One would probably choose something like the guy above did. It'd be better to select some mathematical one rather than pure financial since math formula is more long lasting. If for example you chose Black-Scholes (as on my shirt ;) ) and then suddenly you realize after 10 years the model broke down you're supposed to cut your arm:cool: . I'd probably choose Clayton copula if I were him.

I would choose Euler's.
ei*Pi + 1 = 0.
The five "most" important numbers in math all appear in a single equation.

I was on copulas. If not, I wouldn't for sure choose Clayton either.

I'm a Metallica fan and love maths. I know of plenty other people with the maths + metallica combo too. At least 5 of my friends, for instance.

I'm a Metallica fan and love maths. I know of plenty other people with the maths + metallica combo too. At least 5 of my friends, for instance.

Of course music passion is not determinant to like any subject. I've heard of historians liking math. Not very surprising from human nature, but a bit uncommon.

When tattoo's are first done they are raised like that. Also notice the reddening around the tattoo. Deff real. Pretty cool, nicely done. Guy is going to have a hard time getting a job with it being visible during the interview. Should have not had it extend past the wrist.

Back