• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Hedge Fund Data

Hey guys,

I am wondering if any of you know where I would be able to find past performance data on certain hedge fund managers? Or just simply fund managers?

Thank you very much.

BarclayHedge I think is a database I have heard of that has Hedge Fund data. I have heard of it pop up here and there in discussions. I don't know how good or bad it is.

HedgePlatform Community | RiskMetrics Group

You can get more granular information from Hedgeplatform offered by Riskmetrics. It is a good performance and risk aggregation tool for institutional manager and FoHF manager.

But different database has its own bias in terms of coverage. It is unlikely you will get a good aggregate overview of a particular strategy in any region anyway.

The more you pay, the higher the quality. If you are sovereign wealth fund, i am sure you can get full position transparency directly from any hedge funds.

Back