• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Hello everyone . New joinee

My name is Rob. I am a Baruch Zicklin MBA student studying International Business. I also happen to run Electronic Equity Trading at BNP Paribas after six years of building the global business of Credit-Suisse. I am more involved in the quant activity here at Paribas and am very interested in the flow of information and ideas. It is an area where I hope to be able to add to the discussion as well. Thanks and look forward to communicating with everyone. RR

Hi Rob,

Glad to see you here. Any contribution in the form of discussion/idea is greatly appreciated.
Given your current position at BNP, shouldn't you be in Weissman school doing MFE instead of MBA at Zicklin ? Probably it has something to do with your previous global business at Credit Suisse ? Any thought of an MFE after MBA ;) ?

To MFE or MBA? That is the question..

I am absolutely thinking about the MFE. Approaching this from a strictly IT background left open the approach the either/or was a good move. The MBA as a first approach gives one more of a broad based ability to work across industries in a global environment; the MFE would be the path I would advise those looking to get into trading products. Needless to say.. if I was just a little younger it would have been a different initial choice. RR

Back