• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Help: modeling foreign exchange rate

Hi,

I already finished modeling short rates of USD and GBP using Hull-WHite model. Now I need to model exchange rate between USD and GBP. Anyone can give me some suggestions about this? such as recommending some good papers, books, published models.......

Thanks a lot.

Hi
you try to make an hybrid model
the first model to test in a simple brownian geometric on Fx
In this case with stochastic rates you can easily find closes form formula for european option. To price European option it's the simple BS formula with a different vol (with a simple Ito formula you will find this vol)
After this step you can try CEV model on fx diffusion (to match two moment of the skew instead of one), for that go to http://www.quant-press.com/Hybrid_Fx.php you Will fin an interesting paper of V.piterbarg for hybrid model to price prdc product
If you need other details don't hesitate
Thx
J

Back