Help on course selection

Hi, i'm applying for uni this year, i was wondering what is the fastest/most efficient courses to do in Australian unis (in sydney), for me to advance to a career involved with quantitative finance, quant developer.. etc (anything which would get me a high salary tbh, regardless, i love math so don't criticise me for just chasing the money.. haha i really am interested in this field) .
i'm looking at doing the masters of quantitative finance at UTS, but that's after i do my undergraduate.
would this masters be right to do? and i'm looking at moving to New york for my career.. as i deduced this was a popular place for quants.. that type of field, and i'd love to live there in general..

and i need advice on which undergrad to do which best prepares me for the MQF..
i'm thinking a bachelor in mathematics and finance which is also at UTS
but i need first hand advice
anyone?

http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/courses/c10155.html >> is that the program you're considering pursuing?
if yes that sounds like a very good preparation for a MQF (insanely rigid though, 0 elective if I'm not mistaken)

its a good mix of maths, programming, economics, and finance (imo).

regarding job prospects in wallstreet, I don't know if people on this forum can tell if the UTS degree is well known outside australia (i'd love to do a PhD in australia myself lol)

Hi guys,
I was a quant for the past 9 years (at UBS) and in technology for about the same time at other IB's. I originally did a PhD in mathematics (about 100 years ago...). Please feel to give me a call to discuss anything about the quant profession. Disclaimer: I am now indeed a head-hunter.

Back