• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

How can I improve my profile?

Hi guys I'm a third-year student who is set to graduate in July. I would like to know 1) How good my profile is and 2) How I could improve my profile.

Nationality: UK
Course: Mathematics with finance and econ
Grade: 67% so far, a high 2:1 (so a 3.7 GPA in US terms if what I'm reading is correct)
Relevant modules: Differential equations, Linear algebra, probability and statistics, corporate finance, thesis on Quantum mechanics and differential equations.
Work Exp: Internship doing internal auditing at an insurance firm, and then the typical part-time retail job

Target schools: Warwick, Oxford, Imperial, Baruch

I've made the attempt in the past to learn however I always get stuck after the initial stage. Do you have any good resources for studying programming?
Absolutely! I've originated this course exactly for you :)
best on planet + great TA support.

@APalley

Cool, I go to UCL and have a couple friends who go to City. Are you gonna take a gap year and apply next year then?
Yes basically. I'm applying to some graduate roles currently and over the next year or two I'm going to work on projects to enhance my skillset so I become more competitive for masters applications.

If I were a student this course would be a priority. I'm a bit biased.

Back