• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

How did you know about Quantnet

Someone hot linked a thread on GD. I found GD about a year ago when I was looking for a way to make a career out of being an analyst. I've made two posts on GD in 12 months, and neither post ever received a reply. I kind of like actual interaction in a community.;)

I knew about Quantnet from the beginning. My join date of Feb 2005 is probably when I registered in the forum to participate in Risk Management class discussions.

For me, sometime last year, I don't actually remember how I found it though.

I do feel that it's really developed a great deal since I started viewing the site regularly, and I have to applaud Andy for all the work you've put in!

One of my colleagues was transferring to our Asia/Pacific office, and at the going away party, while chatting with some folks from client connectivity and algo sales. We talked about the different career paths, and I was really looking for ideas to migrate into a more client facing role, without sacrificing my technical background:smt024. I was always eager to work with a group that contributed to the revenue stream and could see the fruits of their labor. Not quite driven by the monetary factor, as UNIX infrastucture roles are decently compensated, (maybe not like Quants), but I yearned to be closer to the end product. Anyhow, to make a long story short, I left the bar that night with a drive to get into something more quantative. This is when I decided to change my major from Baruch's CIS program to QMM, then I followed up with google searches to learn more about anything related and viola.. I landed back at Baruch. A couple posts about my aspirations and the feedback was astronomical. Talk about a 360, I went searching on the whole wide web for knowledge and ended back at my own school. That adage that says something like "what you are looking for is always right in front of you" is certainly true.

As I told Dr. Stefanica, "QUANTNET is a success", there's absolutely no forum like this and I am very honored to be part of this community. I have learned so much since coming to this site. Kudos to all the contributors .=D>

Andy told me about QN in April 2006. It seems like it was just yesterday... time flies.

If you found us via Google, what were you looking for then ?

I am planning to apply to a Financial Engineering/Mathematics program, but I didn't want to leave the NY area because of personal circumstances. I searched in Google for "financial engineering new york" and got to the Baruch program. It was the 2nd link. Although it had a link for QuantNet, I didn't click on it.

I was searching for different blogs to educate myself and when you google "financial engineering blogs" the 1st link is to a post in QuantNet and that is how I got to know the network.

Just googling 'quant' and looking into as many links as I can led me here. This is a very interesting field and I can't wait to be a part of it.

I was searching for MFE program rankings on google and stumbled upon this site through another site.

I came across Quantnet while researching and applying to the Baruch MFE program.

Ito sent me (via google, following first [japantimes] report of his passing, to the relevant thread)

Someone at work sent me a link to an article on Quantnet. I think this is a niche community and not as well known as Wilmott so Quantnet does not attract the kind of undesirable characters as other bigger forums out there ;)

Back