• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

How much time do you spend on Quantnet?

How much time I spend each week on Quantnet forum?

• I'm a die-hard QN fan. I spend countless hours on the forum. It's addictive

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • I visit QN forum at work daily. My company may ban Quantnet because of me :-(

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • I visit it couple of times a week

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • I'm new on Quantnet and just start reading

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I visit it once a while

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's just crazy to see so many people logged in everytime I visit the forum.

Before: I used to be the only one who posts here. I spend most my time posting.
Now : I just barely got home from the class and half of the class already logged in and posts are flying left and right :lol:
I can now spend most of my time reading others' posts...it's really addictive :-

Things will only get crazier when the semester starts. Then we will have more fulltime people coming. We will have more homework posted here. We will have more things to discuss. It seems people realize this is a very cool place to hang out :D

So just for fun, let's see how much you spend here each week. I voted for #1. Guilty as charged, your Honors :oops:

Whatever I get my hands on the Internet I check QuantNet. Before I used to check various news web sites, but now I don't need any news, if I see a new post on the forum :)

maxrum said:
Before I used to check various news web sites, but now I don't need any news, if I see a new post on the forum :)

:yeahrt:.....Geez...Max. :D ...I laugh so hard when i read your comments...
So, I imagine whenever you want to go to check news on the financial community, you just turn to
QuantNet.org : The most trusted name in NEWS

Please don't tell me when people ask you what TV chanel you watch, you would tell them
QuantNetNews : FAIR and BALANCED

Andy, you remember those lines too well. We all have been severely brain-washed by CNN and its sorts.

Andy said:
Please don't tell me when people ask you what TV chanel you watch, you would tell them

I almost don't watch TV, by the way. Therefore I can say that QuantNet replaces TV too for me :)

ok
#1 CNN is not the most trusted name in news (too liberally biased)
#2 NY Times is also not the most trusted name(too liberally biased)
#3 FoxNews is more balanced but leans towards the right(I LOVE FOXNEWS!!!)

QuantNet IS to be trusted! I voted 2 btw

From what I saw here, it seems the Baruch students spend a whole lot of time browsing and posting on Quantnet. Is it because of homeworks ? :)
I'm curious to see what is the average each full and part-time student spends a week here ?

From what I saw here, it seems the Baruch students spend a whole lot of time browsing and posting on Quantnet. Is it because of homeworks ? :)
I'm curious to see what is the average each full and part-time student spends a week here ?

There are many part time students in the program. They are working very hard and studying at the same time. Therefore, this is the best way for all of us to get together on the forum and discuss all the problems we face doing our homeworks and assignments.

I don't know how much time I spend here, but it's usual daily routine to log on the QuantNet and see what is going on ;)

I want to take a vote on this thread again to see how much time our new members spend on Quantnet.
Just like Max said, 2007 was the busiest year ever. Dec 2007 was the busiest month ever on Quantnet. We had 17K+ unique visitors that month alone compared to 3500 of Jan 2007 and 300 in May 2006 (when the new Quantnet resurrected)

I hope 2008 will be our best year ever

I don't know which one to vote for :) I'm far from being die-hard fan, but I try to visit Quantnet whenever I get a chance and it is usually more than 2 times a week :D

Well, looking at the number of my posts... I'll mark the "die-hard fan" choice :D

Back