How to get a job at Renassiance and other quantitative funds

Like the subject says. I have a bit of CS background and want to get into Renaissance/DE Shaw or other quantitative hedgefunds.

Any tips how to get interviews and how to perform well in them for CS (not math) majors?

Regards,

Any tips?

Well, there is a DE Shaw interview questions thread. But aside from that, you're asking the people asking the same questions. I think any of us would jump on top of an offer from RenTec or DESCo in a heartbeat.

A lot of the prop shops and hedge funds won't interview you until you have some industry experience.

Might be good to work in analytics or algorithmic trading for a couple years first if you can't get an interview right now.

Bunch of prop firms give you training and so on for a fee and then you can trade firm capital or maybe your own with an additional leverage. You need Series 7 tho.

Search some prop firms and see what they say on their website. I am not entirely sure what you require to get interviewed by them. I have heard of people with random bachelors degrees "trying" to become traders at these firms.

Back