• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch MFE How to take courses without taking the MFE program?

Hi everyone,

First I'd like to say the new curriculum for this year(2010-2011) looks very impressive.

I am seriously considering taking some courses, especially this one:
MTH 9867 Time Series Analysis and Algorithmic Trading (Spring 2011; Instructors: Jay Damask & Jim Liew)

Just wondering if there are any options to take some of the MFE courses without finishing the whole program? Is there anywhere I can find more info on the courses -- schedules, fees, etc in case I need to have my company sponsor for my study?

I did a bit of googling myself but the only info I found was on the MFE program page and this forum. So any help would be much appreciated.

For the Baruch MFE Program (whose offerings include MTH 9867 mentioned above), you cannot take courses as a non-degree student.

NYU has a similar course, "Time Series Analysis and Statistical Arbitrage"
check if you can take it there...

Thank you everybody for your replies. I am gonna look into the alternatives.

Back