• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF How would you answer Essay B (MSCF) ?

roni

Cornell FE
Describe your background and preparation in the four concentration areas of the MSCF program – finance, computer science, math and statistics. In particular, please detail your background in calculus-based probability. If your only exposure to probability was as part of a course that combined probability and statistics, please list the probability topics covered by this course.

essay format or bullet points ?

Thanks.

mmm... I think you are the only one who can answer to question truthfully. This is YOUR application.

mmm... I think you are the only one who can answer to question truthfully. This is YOUR application.
that's not what I meant...
Do people answer it in essay format or bullet points with the list of all the relevant courses/ work experience and brief descriptions ?

Do people answer it in essay format or bullet points with the list of all the relevant courses/ work experience and brief descriptions?

It says "Essay B." Give an underlined section heading to each of the four areas, and then describe your preparation and coverage of each area. If possible, present your own understanding of each area -- e.g., how you conceive of linear algebra, how you think about object-oriented (or functional) programming, how you understand probability. This provides assessors with a more accurate gauge of your preparation than just baldly stating what formal courses you've taken

That's what I'm going to do, thanks for your help.

Happy new year.

Can anyone suggest how to write for :

"List the mathematical sciences courses that you have taken including university name, course title, topics covered, and grade earned. Specifically, please detail any calculus-based probability courses you have taken. If your only exposure to probability was as part of a course that combined probablity and statistics, please list the probability topics covered by the course."

I was thinking of writing a summary on my skills in mathematical sciences followed by describing my exposure to calculus-based -probability. After that in a table will list down the name of courses, topics covered etc.

Back