• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

HPC : Top 500 supercomputer List.

I was presenting at a conference organised by the NASA Ames Research center on my Fluid Dynamics research and some of the researchers there took me to where they conduct their CFD research and showed me the supercomputers they use to run their simulations.

Unreal.

Similar with Stefan, I also used HPC several times in the academic research. Just wonder is it common to apply this techniques in quant field or high frequency computing is more related?

Japan regains the #1 spot with new system. http://www.top500.org/lists/2011/06 . The Japanese K Computer is also more powerful than the next five systems on the list combined.

This is a very interesting trend, just a few years ago it used to be an All - American top 5. Now the US has only one system in the top 5

By OS not surprisingly Linux takes the biggest part. Windows share is smaller than I expected.

Back