• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Hurricane Irene

Pray do tell, what about if not a storm?!? :p

It seems I may have been on to something....

Also helping the city get ready for Irene was all the counter-terror training the NYPD conducts, as Police Commissioner Ray Kelly told CBS Evening News anchor Scott Pelley.

"For instance, in being able to mobilize large numbers of police officers and actually create that task force for our counter-terrorism efforts will be helpful in this regard," Kelly said.

Video: 1 min 35 sec

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/08/28/eveningnews/main20098458.shtml

Well we have a lot of trees down in CT, and no power in a lot of places - but thankfully no terrorist attacks.

I can't help but think somebody should come up with a better way of running the power lines to residential areas. A lot of CT is woods/forest, so every time there is a bit of a storm there is always some downed power lines.

Other than that, I managed to get a lot of painting done in the house during the storm, so it wasn't all bad.

I don't remember a terror attack that coincided with a natural disaster... While the minds of terrorists are warped, it doesn't make sense to try to attack when there are no large crowds and everyone is in their house. Last few terror attacks that happened in Russia (subways, airports...) involved highly crowded areas and shrapnel :(
Perhaps not terrorists, but covert operations.

Think about it - power is down, police are distracted, peoples' attention is probably away from whatever you are trying to do...

Perhaps not terrorists, but covert operations.

Think about it - power is down, police are distracted, peoples' attention is probably away from whatever you are trying to do...

Yike Lu - Put down the Alex Jones and gently step away ;).

Well the covert ops folks are welcome to clear up some of the trees on their way through of they get the chance!

Back