• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Interview with Barclays team

Hello,

I will have C++ interview where I will do programmation next week. Would it be like leetcode question or would it be like "Implement a class that does... then use inherence concept..."

Thank you

You won't get any edge in the process by trying to ask in a forum like this. It might even backfire if the hiring manager reads this and can infer who you are e.g. from the way you write / misspell / ... Just prepare to the best of your abilities. You can always ask the recruiters for clarification as well, which they might choose not to provide.

Hello,

I will have C++ interview where I will do programmation next week. Would it be like leetcode question or would it be like "Implement a class that does... then use inherence concept..."

Thank you
Most programming tests I have completed are pretty well represented on HackerRank or Leetcode. You can prepare using their interview prep modules. With that being said, I do know that some employers like asking more theoretical questions about languages. Especially if we are talking C++, I would refresh on the some of the fundamentals (overloading, class inheritance, namespaces, vectors, whatever). I guess they could ask similar questions about python , but that feels weird.

I thank you for your answers, I will work on what you told me (except the famous price at 1450$ which is a bit expensive haha)

I thank you for your answers, I will work on what you told me (except the famous price at 1450$ which is a bit expensive haha)
No problem; my post was not a sales pitch as such. It was meant to give an overview of what you can possibly expect at an interview.
C++ tests are like jumping through hoops and not a lasting skill.

Back