• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Intro to C++ for Quant Finance

Hi all,

I ordered Introduction to C++ for Financial Engineers and I am enjoying reading it. The companion book Financial Instrument pricing using C++ is not available at Amazon India. I am reading an elementary book on numerical methods alongside. The idea is to finish the book and implement a few numerical algorithms, like spline interpolation and a basic PDE solver, the object-oriented way in two months of time.

This is my first C++ program - a basic implementation of gauss elimination with back substitution.

I want to begin a rigorous study of probability(basic probability and the Williams book), once I have these fundamentals in place.

If anybody has any suggestions on other companion books alongside (e.g. a book on numerical methods with quant finance in mind), I'd be glad to know.

Cheers!
Quasar.

You are probably thinking of the new generalized operator overloading in C++ 2525

http://www.stroustrup.com/whitespace98.pdf

Thus whitespace between two C-style string literals is interpreted as concatenation. The facility was
missing in K&R C, introduced into ANSI C, and adopted by C++ in the ARM (Ellis and Stroustrup: "The
Annotated C++ Reference Manual, " Addison-Wesley 1989).

Last edited:
Back