• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Is A Probability Primer for Mathematical Finance available for purchase?

Sorry, I meant how well written/put together did you find it?

ah gotcha. I just started recently and still on chapter one but so far I find it really helpful. Last time I studied linear algebra was so long ago, and there wasn't much numerical stuff either, so I'm actually learning some new stuff from the book. This one also balanced it well between theory and applications; proofs for important and relevant theorems were given and examples/applications were closely related to finance. Having taken and done well in courses like Fourier analysis and topology, I didn't find the book to be ridiculously easy, so it's worth a read/study.

ah gotcha. I just started recently and still on chapter one but so far I find it really helpful. Last time I studied linear algebra was so long ago, and there wasn't much numerical stuff either, so I'm actually learning some new stuff from the book. This one also balanced it well between theory and applications; proofs for important and relevant theorems were given and examples/applications were closely related to finance. Having taken and done well in courses like Fourier analysis and topology, I didn't find the book to be ridiculously easy, so it's worth a read/study.
From what I know, I believe that there isn't. I believe @dstefan can second this.

I was studying linear algebra primer for financial engineering and noticed that there was a probability primer as well in the series. But I can't seem to find where I could purchase it. Anyone encountered the same thing?

@Cody.Wan good to hear you are finding the NLA primer useful. The probability primer will not be written by me but I would expect one to be written in the future based on the work my colleagues do in the probability Pre-MFE refresher seminars and the stochastic processes course in the Baruch MFE Program.

This is an ongoing project that is approached with a lot thoughtfulness. Whenever the book will be out, it will be very much worth the wait.

This is an ongoing project that is approached with a lot thoughtfulness. Whenever the book will be out, it will be very much worth the wait.
Is there any approximate date of publication for these 2 books : "Differential Equations with Numerical Methods for Financial Engineering", by Dan Stefanica and Tai-Ho Wang; "A Probability Primer for Mathematical Finance", by Elena Kosygina ?

Back