• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Just enrolled in NTU MFE

I'm currently a full-time NTU MFE student. Prior to starting the program, I had some difficulty finding recent views on the program (as I was deciding between other programs), and I thought I could share some of my deciding factors here to help any who are currently considering the program. ��

My reasons for choosing NTU MFE:
• Curriculum seems more mathematical/technical vs the other SG programs. This appeals to me as a business undergrad as the mathematical/technical side is where my weakness is. The curriculum is clearly broken down into math/finance/computing.
• In line with the above point, I will also affirm, after my first mini-term, that the program is very intellectually challenging; this is in line with views from alumni.
• In terms of job placements, what I've gathered from alumni is to keep an open mind. For example, the higher-paying front office jobs have been offered, but these are naturally the minority. That being said, I believe the technical skills picked up (especially the computing element) will only be increasingly crucial in the finance workplace in general.
• The CMU semester is an opportunity to learn computational finance at a top computer science school in the world (plus travel out of Singapore). This also made the program feel worthwhile for its cost.
• I also find the breadth of the NTU facilities (from libraries to sports facilities) to be a point of attraction.

Hope this provides an updated perspective on the NTU MFE program!

Hey! I was just called for the Interview at NTU and wanted to know what kind of questions I could expect? any details would be very helpful, Thanks in advance!

Hi! The MFE programme at NTU Singapore is now open for application for the July 2019 intake. If you are interested in the programme, I encourage you to submit your application by the Round 2 deadline - Dec, 31 2018. The final deadline is Feb 28 2019. Application can be submitted here. More information on our merit scholarship can be found here.

Feel free to email mfe@ntu.edu.sg if you require any further information on the programme and application process.

Back