Master reading list for Quants, MFE (Financial Engineering) students

Just wanted to drop a recommendation for a specific course/topic. For stochastic calculus, there are two books by Steven Shreve. Any edition is pretty good. First volume is discrete-time processes. Second is continuous-time processes.

Stochastic Calculus for Finance I - The Binomial Asset Pricing Model
Stochastic Calculus for Finance II - Continuous-Time Models

tradertanny

Just wanted to drop a recommendation for a specific course/topic. For stochastic calculus, there are two books by Steven Shreve. Any edition is pretty good. First volume is discrete-time processes. Second is continuous-time processes.

Stochastic Calculus for Finance I - The Binomial Asset Pricing Model
Stochastic Calculus for Finance II - Continuous-Time Models
Yeah, I agree with you

quantsmodelsbottles

The Elements of Statistical Learning. Seems like finance and machine learning don't always mix but still good to have a rigorous knowledge of the basics.

Last edited:

Ng Hong Wai

Can anyone recommend any good algorithm book to prepare for quantitative analyst interview?

Currently I am reading Introduction to Algorithms by CLRS.

Beep Boop

Can anyone recommend any good algorithm book to prepare for quantitative analyst interview?

Currently I am reading Introduction to Algorithms by CLRS.

I'd recommend ditching that and grab a book more focused on financial models like Clewlow & Strickland. CLRS would be more relevant for something like software engineering.

Ng Hong Wai

Thanks for your recommendation.
Just to confirm, are you referring to implementing derivative models by Clewlow and Strickland?
Do you think the book contains relevant interview questions for algorithm parts?
Do you also have other recommendation?

Also, as you mentioned that CLRS is more relevant for software engineering, wouldn't this mean that it covers more ground and has a better chance to answer interview questions at quantitative analyst?

Last edited:

Ng Hong Wai

Yeah, I agree with you
How about Mark Joshi's Concepts and Practice in Mathematical Finance? I am also reading Shreve books and no doubt that they are good books for stochastic calculus.

But it seems that Joshi's books are not mentioned anywhere in this thread.

Last edited: