• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Master reading list for Quants, MFE (Financial Engineering) students

R

We should also add a book on R as it is more widely used in finance than matlab.. place where I used to work everyone except me was a R guru..

I saw the R in a Nutshell book in Barnes and Noble the other day. I was tempted to purchase it, but would appreciate anybody else opinions on whether this is a good text to start with?

Lets us not forget Security Analysis or The Rockefeller Syndrome. Extrapolate 1 billion from 1900 and what do you get today. 945,000,000 tax allowance in Depression = ???? today. Let us remember the Colorado Iron and Mining Incident in 1914. Let us remember who sits on the Directorate of the CIA and the Who. Let us remember whom Sheldon Prescott Busch brought to America and what happened to JFK, RFK, and MLK. Engineered economic plan. Ernest Chan is right on the money, as he quotes Einstein 'Keep it Simple'.

I ordered the following book last week:

Statistic and Data Analysis for Financial Engineering - David Ruppert

It looks very good. Every chapter has exercises and Lab problems to do in R. All the code is in R and the data sets are available on the author's web site.

There appears to be substantial overlap between his earlier "Statistics and Finance" (2004). One difference is he uses SAS and MatLab in the earlier text. The overlap is such it could have been published as a new edition of the earlier title.

I am wondering if there are any videotutorials/video education material out there?

Haha, poker players are used to video training rather than textbook education.

Thanks for the list!

Back