• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Math

CGiuliano

Lowly Undergrad
Hey,

If anyone has a second please comment what math classes you think are necessary, or advantageous to have pre-MFE.

Thanks!

All of the above are good. Of course, an undergraduate math finance course would be very good as well.

So then a course such as this would be worthwhile taking:

AS/SC/AK/MATH 4143 3.00 W
Scientific Computation for Financial Applications
Calendar copy: This course covers the basics of numerical analysis/computational methods related to portfolio optimization, risk management and option pricing. It provides background material for computations in finance for two streams in the Computational
Mathematics program and other interested students.
This course introduces the basic concepts in mathematical finance. The topics include basic numerical methods; unconstrained and constrained optimization methods applied to portfolio selection; option pricing and risk management by MC simulation.

------------------------------------------------------

Ignore my name. I transfered programs, so beginning in September, I will be a math student.

Dstefan- Does it look better if an MFE applicant has econometrics & financial math, or a strong background in Analysis and Algebra?

Back