• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MetaTrader FX trading platform

Naw. Have not tried Meta Trader. I have tried Oanda and FXCM. They are both great. Oanda has the best spreads and fills though from what I have seen and what people have told me too.

Anyone tried it? Can you share your opinions?

MetaTrader is one of the most overvalued trading platforms in the world. The only word I have for that platform is: Mediocre.

It is not a case if all the worst,scam, fraud prone and less reliable FX companies recommend you that platform.

Have a look at FXCM or CMC markets. Their platforms are surely better for that type of trading but walk away from MT.

@HyperVolatility
Can you be more specific: why is it overvalued? Why FXCM's and other platforms are better? I mean I'll do my own research, but it wouldn't hurt to get someones opinions.

@HyperVolatility
Can you be more specific: why is it overvalued? Why FXCM's and other platforms are better? I mean I'll do my own research, but it wouldn't hurt to get someones opinions.

There are several reasons but I will try to list a few:

1) Re-quoting
2) Technical Indicators cannot be easily mixed up together
3) Looking at past price moves is very annoying (you don't expand the view of the chart but you have to literally drag the graph)
4) The graphical definition is really bad

The only good thing is that you would probably get a demo account for a long period and you could play around a little bit if you are new to forex.
I used MT at the very beginning and I do not trade currencies but their demo account at that time was useful

Back