• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE MFE Admission

Dear All,

I am strongly considering to apply for top financial engineering programs such as Berkeley MFE. Frankly I do not have idea about how my profile is (or not) well aligned to the program requirements. If anybody have any comment which could help me it would be highly appreciated.

I am Brazilian, 26 years old and graduated on Aeronautical Engineering from ITA (Technological Institute of Aeronautics) in Brazil - one of the most demanding engineering schools inour country, which annually selects about 120 students out of 9000 applicants. During my undergraduate course I spent 2 years doing research on chaotic dynamic sistems and one semester studying aeronautics and astronautics as visiting student at MIT. My GPA is 8.52 in a ten point scale which guaranttees me a place among the top 10% students in my class.

After becoming graduated in 2006 I joined Embraer (the world's 4th largest aircraft manufacturer after Boeing, Airbus and Bombardier) structural engineering team being involved on the certification of Phenom 100 Very Light Jet. After more than one year working there I have decided to move from aerospace to quant finance sector and since than I am working with market risk / pricing modelling at Itau Unibanco - the largest bank in the southern hemisphere.

I am thinking about quant finance programs like Berkeley MFE, Univ of Toronto MMF, Oxford MFE and Univ of Michigan MFE. Any aditional information you provide will be helpful on taking this important decision.

Thank you in advance,

Felipe

i hope you're not upset. the main reason for the FAQ link is the fact that is has a ton of useful information conveniently located in one place.
best of luck with your application,

Back