• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU MSMF need advise about NYU MATH FINANCE....!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I work at one of the top Investments Bank in NYC in Electronic Trading. I got accepted to the NYU MathFin program as a Non-Degree Student. I wanted to ask if anyone has any knowledge about the admission chances to part time later on with great grades in the courses I will be taking as non degree student.. I would appreciate your help and comments.

Usually the chances are non zero since the faculty will know you by courses you will complete; you can probably transfer completed credits later on toward your degree if you will get accepted. You can contact the department with these questions.

I mean thats true that I am not counting on Admission, just wanted people to share their knowledge. I dint give my GRE's yet so thought that I can take a course or two and see where it goes. I totally agree that the professors will know me but do the professor's decide admissions ?

I have also heard about Columbia CVN, do you recommend it if I am working in the city and I go and take the classes on campus ? any knowledge about the admission Statistics for CVN ?

Back