• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Need suggestion about the application

Hi Everyone,

I am have an undergraduate degree in engineering from India with First Class Distinction, a masters degree in Computer Science with 3.7 GPA and MBA with focus in finance with 3.9 GPA.

I have 90 percentile in GMAT math and overall 88th percentile.

Is my GMAT good enough to apply at Berkeley, CMU and Baruch? or I should spend some time and improve the score?

Thanks,

You never know. Each program has its own requirements. Your application is considered as a whole. I can only express my student opinion, if you have time and money, take it again. Keep in mind that some schools require GRE and not GMAT.

taking the GRE as well is, indeed, a good idea.

Will Baruch in favour of GRE over GMAT?

thanks

Thanks for the replies.

I just wondered whether I should spend time on making rest of my application solid or improve the score. My question is that my background and GPA my degrees are not going to change.

So if I spend more time on GMAT and go from 90th percentile to, lets say, 95th percentile, does it really matter?

Based on many of the member's experience, I just need some opinion, whether to go on that direction or focus on my essays, resume etc.

Thanks for the replies.

I just wondered whether I should spend time on making rest of my application solid or improve the score. My question is that my background and GPA my degrees are not going to change.

So if I spend more time on GMAT and go from 90th percentile to, lets say, 95th percentile, does it really matter?

Based on many of the member's experience, I just need some opinion, whether to go on that direction or focus on my essays, resume etc.

This is a difficult question to answer. Since we are not in admissions :) we can only suggest. 90th percentile in Math is very strong. However, it might be strong enough for one school and not strong enough for another. What if everybody else gets into 90th percentile? I'm sure schools like CMU, NYU, Columbia have lots of applicants with 90% and above.

Thanks for the replies.

But you can write essays and resume at the same time as you study :) you still have time :) but keep an eye on deadlines.

Back