• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

New Quantnet members say hi

Hello everyone!!!!

Im a Masters student studying Finance and Risk Engineering ...
specializing in computational finance.....

Hi everyone, my name is Viet. I'm currently a senior from Macalester College. Most likely I will be enrolling in Baruch MFE in Fall 08' :)

greeting from Minneapolis

just want to say hi to everyone. I am planning to train myself as a quant

Hello!

Just wanted to post a quick hello to everyone! I'm very grateful for this site, as it contains so much valuable info! I'm actually in the midst of switching from an art background to finance ... and I've got lots of ground I need to cover! I look forward to interacting with y'all!:)

hi there, guys!

I'm Massimo from Italy.
After receiving my M-Phil in Quantitative Finance/Risk management in Milan and spending a couple of years as vanilla interest rate derivatives structurer/trader, I moved to quantitative Derivatives Risk Analytics in Milan.
My current job is mainly concerned with independently testing derivatives pricing models for equity, FX and IR derivatives, but like many other guys, I'm looking for a REALLY quantitative job (financial engineering, quantitative trading/structuring of exotic products)...by the way, I found your reading list for wannabe quant very insightful...

I've just joined this forum, it seems that there is a lot of stuff to pick up and a lot of very talented guys!!!

looking forward to sharing some ideas with you soon ;)

Greetz,

Max

hi there, guys!

I'm Massimo from Italy.
After receiving my M-Phil in Quantitative Finance/Risk management in Milan and spending a couple of years as vanilla interest rate derivatives structurer/trader, I moved to quantitative Derivatives Risk Analytics in Milan.
My current job is mainly concerned with independently testing derivatives pricing models for equity, FX and IR derivatives, but like many other guys, I'm looking for a REALLY quantitative job (financial engineering, quantitative trading/structuring of exotic products)...by the way, I found your reading list for wannabe quant very insightful...

I've just joined this forum, it seems that there is a lot of stuff to pick up and a lot of very talented guys!!!

looking forward to sharing some ideas with you soon ;)
Greetz,

Max

Welcome aboard, MadMax. I think you will find the info you want here. Post your questions here, some one will try their best to answer. Enjoy!=D>

Hi, everybody, I'm not going to Baruch, but I'll pursue a degree in financial math in UK in 2008. I'm so glad to found this forum. Nice to meet you all.

Mark Chan

Hi, new in the forum

Hi:

My name is Sumit Sen. I have a Ph.D. in area of Fuzzy and Neurofuzzy based Soft Computing techniques (like Fuzzy Logic, Neural Net, genetic Algorithm etc. ) with 10+ years of Java/J2EE based distributed computing application design and development.

I have explored whole lot of algorithms in Robust Classification of data, published a few. I have strong interest in Neurofuzzy and Genetic algorithm based application development...wondering if anybody give some idea how relevant it will be to quantative FE area.

Thanks.

Hi Massimo,
Have you received any training in gladiatorship ?

:D:D:D

hi Andy, nice joke!

thanks for giving me some fun after the defeat of AC Milan last night...:cry:.
unfortunately, I have very little to share with Maximus (a.k.a. Hispanicus) except the name...

Ave Caesar, morituri te salutant
(transl: Hail, my Lord, those who are gonna die salute you...)

;)

hey all

got into UMich. awaiting NY schools'. I should say "Man this is one of the most useful websites I have ever stumbled onto".=D>

neo

Hi all
I'm Khoa Dong, a math and computer science senior at GWU. This forum is extremely useful for me as I'm applying to MSFE programs.
Have a nice day!
KD

hey guys,
im vishnu anand, aspring to become a financial analyst. ive done my btech in biotechnology and ive applied to ms in fe programs. i must say that this is one of the best forums ive been to.
- vish

Hi All

Hi All

I am from India and graduated from I.I.T. Roorkee .Currently I am working as a Financial Analyst and have applied for MFE at Baruch... Earlier I was regularly visiting GD but now I find quantnet much much better as there are so many topics apart from the regular admission and reject discussions :)...It's a real good effort =D>.... Keep it up .

hello this is nikunj

hello everyone
i got to know about this forum from the add on global-derivatives.

i am here to seek solution problem of selcting universities to apply to MFE for this (fall 08).

I should say "Man this is one of the most useful websites I have ever stumbled onto".
neo

This forum is extremely useful for me as I'm applying to MSFE programs.
Have a nice day!
KD

i must say that this is one of the best forums ive been to.
- vish

Earlier I was regularly visiting GD but now I find quantnet much much better as there are so many topics apart from the regular admission and reject discussions ...It's a real good effort .... Keep it up

This reminds me of a quote I saw on GD by a member there
I really think QuantNet is a much nicer forum than GD - it's got a lot more intelligent discussion, and less "zOMG when will teh admits come in?!?!!!!1" :D
Anyhow, I really respect how close of a community you guys have built at Baruch.
Thanks for all the nice testaments, guys. We work very hard to make Quantnet a nice and helpful community. We intend to keep building on the strengths that make QN what it is today.

Hello,

My name is Ben and I'm a graduate student at University of Maryland College Park. I am pursuing a PhD in math and would like to be a quant. I signed up to get advice on how maximize my studies.

Back