• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Non standard math courses

In my program, multivariable calculus is split into two courses.

First course: vectors and geometry in 2 and 3 dimensions, partial derivatives, and multivariable integrals.
Second course: curves, vector fields, surface integrals and integral theorems (such as the divergence theorem).

I have taken the first course to try to satisfy the one course in multivariable calculus requirements of mfe programs. However vector calculus seems to be part of that requirement. So should I take the second as well?

And for linear algebra (Front Matter), our course seems very basic compared to some of the example linear algebra courses that would satisfy the requirement.
For example from berkley:

Example of courses that statisfies the linear algebra requirement.
54. Linear Algebra & Differential Equations. Basic linear algebra; matrix arithmetic and determinants. Vector spaces; inner product as spaces. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors; linear transformations. Homogeneous ordinary differential equations; first-order differential equations with constant coefficients. Fourier series and partial differential equations.
110. Linear Algebra. Matrices, vector spaces, linear transformations, inner products, determinants. Eigenvectors. QR factorization. Quadratic forms and Rayleigh's principle. Jordan canonical form, applications. Linear functionals.

Should I take a second linear algebra course to learn some of the more advanced topics?

Back