• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Not profile evaluation; just career guidance

Hi,

This is me:

Computer Engineer/ India/ 1 year exp. S/w Test Programming in Software services company

Great programmer and good at math

MBA/ India/ 2 years exp. Qualitative Financial Analysis in Financial Services Company (with gud pay by Indian standards)

Age 28

Interested in getting into Sales & Trading/ Hedge Funds in US/ UK - do not want to be just some programmer in the back office in a hedge fund though

Motivation: Want to make money in $

Should I go for a US masters at all (course starting in 2011) (meaning of course another student loan)?

If yes would u advise MFE (1 year) or MBA (2 years) or anything at all?

feel free to say whtevr comes to mind...incl that I'm a greedy hog :)

You are a greedy hog. Why not enjoy your above standard life in India, buy a Tata Nano, get a wife, have a child? ;)
On a more serious note, you don't want to do another MBA if you already have one. MFE takes 1.5-2 years for most programs. And it takes a few years to pay off your loan.
What exactly do you want to do? Programmers are paid very well here.

What exactly do you want to do? Programmers are paid very well here.

Well....I thought since I will be working for the rest of my life.......(that sounds pretty saaaaaaad......even to me :( ......... I should go back to school and also make sure it counts big time in terms of $$$$$$

but seriously.....< deep self introspection in process. this might take several days to throw a result>

Back