• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Oxford & Imperial MCF 2022 Applications

Regarding the prestige of the program, I would add that it also really depends where you want to work. I am originally from a middle eastern country and I don’t think imperial or LSE will be that known in comparison to Oxford or Cambridge. However, this isn’t true if you were to work in the US- LSE and Imperial are both pretty known since ranking is much more prominent.
What I said above is probably true for career in industry and not research.

Applied to both programmes and received IC's offer in late November with condition 80% overall degree (high first). Still waiting for oxford MCF. When do you approximately expect to get the result?

Applied to both programmes and received IC's offer in late November with condition 80% overall degree (high first). Still waiting for oxford MCF. When do you approximately expect to get the result?
They usually make the decisions in 8-10 weeks so I would assume by the end of March.
Do you mind sharing your background?

Also does any of you know why last year there was a spike in the number of applicants to the program?

They usually make the decisions in 8-10 weeks so I would assume by the end of March.

Also does any of you know why last year there was a spike in the number of applicants to the program?
Sure. I'm having my undergraduate in UCL maths with high 1st in my year 2 grade.

Last year most of the results came out on 25th Feb, do you think that gives a good example of how long do they usually need to process applications? Remember there were 700+ applications so I assume it will come shortly.

I was surprised as well by the huge increase in the number of applications for mcf as risk.net stated. With the oxford official website stating the three-year average was 400+, given 2019 and 2020 are both around 250, the 700+ data for 2021 makes sense. From my personal perspective, it's due to pandemic related stuff though I don't fully understand either.

Thanks for sharing your background!

Yes last year a few people received offers on Feb 25. Do you know when was the deadline? This year it was on Jan 21st (no idea what it was last year) which is two weeks after the classic January deadline.

Thanks for sharing your background!

Yes last year a few people received offers on Feb 25. Do you know when was the deadline? This year it was on Jan 21st (no idea what it was last year) which is two weeks after the classic January deadline.
As far as I know it was 22nd Jan, so roughly the same.,

Interesting. Well, I have no idea. Let’s hope we are still in the game haha

I suspect the spike is mostly driven by international applications. I think it has to do with covid, rising crime rate, and uncertainty around student visas in the US.

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your background, when you applied and whether you had an interview?
Canadian top 2 university, math major (gpa: 3.95/4.0), one internship (data analyst), three research experience. I submitted on November 20th and do not have an interview. Btw, my friend also received the offer without an interview.

Back