• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

part time/research opportunities

Som

Hi,
I would like to know if anyone has any advice regarding getting involved in some part time analytical work/research? I would like to pursue something quant finance related but really don't know where to begin with this...

Hi,
I would like to know if anyone has any advice regarding getting involved in some part time analytical work/research? I would like to pursue something quant finance related but really don't know where to begin with this...

Are you targeting university programs or joining some industry research team?

I am more inclined to do university research but would like to see what kind of opportunities are available out there

It depends what specifically you are going to pursue. Are you thinking of PhD?

Well, I don't want to pursue a PHD for now atleast. I just want to explore other areas in finance--this was just more for personal growth and learning I suppose.

Are you in school now? If so you could talk to your advisor and he could recommend people to talk to. If not, go to the University web pages and the department pages you're interested. Most professors have web pages discussing their research. Find a professor/project that interests you, email the professor, telling him about your interests, and asking him if he has a project suited to your skill level. If you volunteer to work for free, you'll have the freedom to choose the project that interests you most and has the best learning ROI. If you want/require compensation, naturally your pool of choices will be more limited.

Back