• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Paul Willmot on quantitative finance

I'm about to go through these 3 books:

Amazon.com: Paul Wilmott on Quantitative Finance 3 Volume Set (2nd Edition) (9780470018705): Paul Wilmott: Books

Anyone tried already? Any opinions? Seems the great collection of books covering many aspects of quantitative finance. The only thing is that in the 3rd part, where the numerical methods are discussed he uses VBA codes. I'd actually prefer it to be in C++ or C# or java (any C-based language) and almost everyone who I talk with says the same. VBA is kind of ineffective in mathematical simulations problems.

I'd actually prefer it to be in C++ or C# or java (any C-based language) and almost everyone who I talk with says the same. VBA is kind of ineffective in mathematical simulations problems.

Completely agree. I have defined some simulations algorithms in C++ and its much more effective in the same manner as Willmot uses and much faster in the same method construction. But you can easily translate the VBA code into the C++ code. The methodology is the same, just the syntax is different.

Actually, I did do a translation for a good % of the book's VBA, don't know what happened to it, will hunt it down....

Back