• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

PhD in Financial Math vs Masters/MFE

rem

I am finishing my 1st yr undergrad in Math and Finance at University of Toronto. I am really interested in Financial Math and plan to get more involved in it.

I plan to go to graduate school, and I want to get a deep understanding of the subject, and my goal in the end is to work as a quant. I have done a bit of research on the careers in this area, and I have noticed that many positions require a masters while some - at least a PhD, and the last type are the higher paying ones, or am I wrong?
Is it worth spending the extra time and money to get a PhD career-wise? And what about education-wise? I really love math, and would like to get into it as well...

I plan to go to grad school in a tier 1 US college, and I managed to find a lot of information about MFE programs on their websites, but not much about PhD programs.

What are the best colleges in US to do a PhD in financial math? And are there any that allow to go straight to PhD (maybe more time) without a masters?

Thank you for your help.:)

Back