• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Phone call from Columbia MFE admissions ?

congrats pepepersel !!! hope to see you at Columbia :).

I also humbly think since the interview questions are very general (and same for everyone), they are just for knowing the candidates interest, just a formality which they introduced this year for MFE. Profile and application strength wise, the interviewees have already made the cut...So people who had interviews already and didn't hear anything don't loose hope..you never know ;)..
Well I dont think that is true because if they had made the cuts then lot more people would have updated the tracker with declined result. Leave some hope for the people who havent got an interview call for now. But getting an interview call is a positive sign.

Well I dont think that is true because if they had made the cuts then lot more people would have updated the tracker with declined result.

Well, some people got declined with no interview or anything. And, the process is completely random. So, if you haven't received anything, it doesn't mean you won't receive an email in the next few days.
Last year, they started sending out results around Feb 9th and they ended around March 5th. And, according to one of this year's applicants, they have many more applicants this year. So, I won't be surprised if we get another email saying that the decision is going to be delayed :\

...... So, I won't be surprised if we get another email saying that the decision is going to be delayed :\

yeah. and this year already the result deadline has been postponed by one week. Remember how the initial emails said February 3rd week and now its March 1. I think this today till the weekend, there will be a big push, so hold on to your horses.

I just called up the admissions office. they say i mite take them a week for the decisions. Does anybody have an idea whether they have started sending out the rejects?

Question:

Does every acceptance letter say, "recommended for admission"??

Do I have any reason whatsoever to be concerned?

Thanks so much.

Ycohen, is it email or letter? Did you have any phone interview before receiving it? I guess you are much closer to MFE@columbia , goog luck!

It was an email after I had a pretty good phone interview (they only asked softball questions.) It says something about verifying my information and getting an official letter in two weeks. But why couldn't they just say "accepted"?? Is it like when they recommend not to talk on your cellphone while driving and everyone still does? Does the school have to heed their recommendation?

It was an email after I had a pretty good phone interview (they only asked softball questions.) It says something about verifying my information and getting an official letter in two weeks. But why couldn't they just say "accepted"?? Is it like when they recommend not to talk on your cellphone while driving and everyone still does? Does the school have to heed their recommendation?

you mean you satus now is still pending?

Back