• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Phone call from Columbia MFE admissions ?

Hey all, is there anyone who living in NYC received any email or news from MFE Columbia University?

Status is showing as Pending..
still waiting for an email regarding phone interview.. :(

@ally @garry
It would be interesting to know about the status of people from NYC. @roni is one such applicant.

In the meantime, can you share you timelines in our Tracker?

I just received the same email as others last week saying that my application is still under review... There is nothing happened to my application status (pending). Is there anyone who called MFE@Columbia today ? any news to share?

Hey Andy, do you know any applicants living in NYC have already got phone interview?

I live in NYC, had an interview last Friday morning and got accepted to the program that evening. I don't think the location matters. I think there are only 2 groups, US Residents and International Students. But again this is just a theory..

I emailed the admission office a couple of days ago to see if there is some pattern and this is what I was told:
"Please do not read anything into the order of the decisions - it is entirely based on Admissions Committee members' availability and is completely random."
Plus, there is some guy here who got into Princeton(!!) and his Columbia MFE application is still pending, so, it's not like they take the best applicants first.

I emailed the admission office a couple of days ago to see if there is some pattern and this is what I was told:
"Please do not read anything into the order of the decisions - it is entirely based on Admissions Committee members' availability and is completely random."
Plus, there is some guy here who got into Princeton(!!) and his Columbia MFE application is still pending, so, it's not like they take the best applicants first.

Maybe he/she is overqualified...
Anyway, I feel so sad without pending and no information...

hey guys, something interesting happened to me:
remember that i did the interview on thursday 02/17 and my application status said pending since?
well, i got an email a couple of days ago saying that i should do a (new) interview during this week (thursd or friday, i think). when i saw this, i called the admissions office and told them about the new email and the interview that I had already done. apparently, there has been a mistake with my application, and they have forgotten to update my status when i originally did the interview. finally, i got the acceptance today!
so, perhaps those, who have already had interviews and who were told to wait a few days for the final decision, should call the admissions office (after those "few days" they were told to wait pass) and inquire their status....
good luck to everyone!

remember that i did the interview on thursday 02/17 and my application status said pending since?
well, i got an email a couple of days ago saying that i should do a (new) interview during this week (thursd or friday, i think). when i saw this, i called the admissions office and told them about the new email and the interview that I had already done. apparently, there has been a mistake with my application, and they have forgotten to update my status when i originally did the interview. finally, i got the acceptance today!
so, perhaps those, who have already had interviews and who were told to wait a few days for the final decision, should call the admissions office (after those "few days" they were told to wait pass) and inquire their status....
good luck to everyone!

hey pep, whats the # you called?

good luck to everyone!
cong perpepersel!
I have the interview the same day with you. But my status is still pending. Can you tell me the telephone number you called?
Thx!

congrats pepepersel !!! hope to see you at Columbia :).

I also humbly think since the interview questions are very general (and same for everyone), they are just for knowing the candidates interest, just a formality which they introduced this year for MFE. Profile and application strength wise, the interviewees have already made the cut...So people who had interviews already and didn't hear anything don't loose hope..you never know ;)..

congrats pepepersel !!! hope to see you at Columbia :).

I also humbly think since the interview questions are very general (and same for everyone), they are just for knowing the candidates interest, just a formality which they introduced this year for MFE. Profile and application strength wise, the interviewees have already made the cut...So people who had interviews already and didn't hear anything don't loose hope..you never know ;)..

i guess they would think my interest is very low considering i told them that they were not my top choice.

i have been regretting my answer ever since...

Back