• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Phone call from Columbia MFE admissions ?

I guess most programs' decisions running late this year.
Nothing from Cornell nor Columbia yet.

This is still not encouraging :\
According to an applicant who got in, they want to keep the same class size (around 60)...
So, they have probably accepted a bunch and only a few spots are left... hope I'm wrong, though...

So, do you know how many candidates have received the acceptance email?
Really confusing about their admission work this year.

This is still not encouraging :\
According to an applicant who got in, they want to keep the same class size (around 60)...
So, they have probably accepted a bunch and only a few spots are left... hope I'm wrong, though...

18 have been admitted according to the Tracker.
Have they redirected any MFE applicant to OR?

So, do you know how many candidates have received the acceptance email?
Really confusing about their admission work this year.

Well, 18 is a lot.
And, that's a good question. If none was redirected, they will be doing it now.

Also, any of the those who got accepted, did you mark the part to be considered for the Columbia MSOR ?

Well, 18 is a lot.
And, that's a good question. If none was redirected, they will be doing it now.

Also, any of the those who got accepted, did you mark the part to be considered for the Columbia MSOR ?

If they target a class of 60, they need to send out at least 80-90 admission, cuz I don't think those who said to choose Columbia in the interviews will follow their words.

I did mark the part for MSOR, and I think they may start this work after finishing the entire admission for FE. Maybe in March.

Looking at the Tracker, is it reasonable to believe they do it in a first-complete-first-process method? Did you guys see any correlation between the submit day and the interview/decision day?

And for my preference, what other info we can capture in the Tracker to make it more useful?
In that case my application would be reviewed quite late as I submitted the application just on time

If they target a class of 60, they need to send out at least 80-90 admission, cuz I don't think those who said to choose Columbia in the interviews will follow their words.

I did mark the part for MSOR, and I think they may start this work after finishing the entire admission for FE. Maybe in March.
In the past two years they accepted 110 applicants. It's not a lot considering the fact that they have many more applicants this year.

Looking at the Tracker, is it reasonable to believe they do it in a first-complete-first-process method? Did you guys see any correlation between the submit day and the interview/decision day?

Even though, when I emailed the admissions office, I was told that the process is completely random, I think you may be right. My official GRE score came in two weeks after the deadline.

In the past two years they accepted 110 applicants. It's not a lot considering the fact that they have many more applicants this year.

Even though, when I emailed the admissions office, I was told that the process is completely random, I think you may be right. My official GRE score came in two weeks after the deadline.

Roni, how do you check when they have received your GRE/TOEFL reports?
I cannot find this info in my application website.

Roni, how do you check when they have received your GRE/TOEFL reports?
I cannot find this info in my application website.

It says on ETS website. It says when it was mailed to the school, so add 2-3 days till they get it and another 1-2 till they put it in your folder. I took the exam on Nov 30 and it was mailed on Dec 8th.

And for my preference, what other info we can capture in the Tracker to make it more useful?

Andy, I submitted my application at 11:50 pm Dec 01, just few minutes before the deadline. I don't think that matters much. And I have a hunch that even if I would have submitted my application 2-3 days after that deadline, my application would have been looked at. The reason is that I was allowed to edit my application even after submission and 2 of my recommendations were submitted 1-2 weeks after my application.

Nobody does anything in a random manner. They just meant that you shouldn't try to figure out the methodology that they handle interview/admit but they sure do have their own process and procedure.
If Alphabetically, it would be nice since my last name starts with a 'Y'

Back