• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

PHOTO: Visit UBS Trading floor, Stamford, CT

So we have the transportation issue taken care of, thanks to Chris.

Has anyone found out where we will hang out after the trip to UBS ? Prof. Stefanica mentioned that he'd like hang out with us when we get back to the city. :thumbsup:

Please, no more Andreas. :prayer:

Shall we go some place more adventurous ? Chinatown anyone ?

This is what I was thinking on the train back home tonight. I actually have two proposals:
1. Seafood Buffet (Japanese style) around Korean Town @ 32st and Fifth Ave..(Bridgett and me have been there twice before)... really nice place and spacious. The price is around $25/person for dinner.:)
2. Grand Sichuan around St. Mark's Pl...where we used to hang out...the only concern is some of us may not be able to stand the spicy and hotty..... It's around NYU area and lots of bars and restaurants around. I think it will be under $20 /person (as usual)

Any other ideas are welcome...

1. Seafood Buffet (Japanese style) around Korean Town @ 32st and Fifth Ave..(Bridgett and me have been there twice before)... really nice place and spacious. The price is around $25/person for dinner.:)
It's 2 blocks from my previous university. One word : expensive
2. Grand Sichuan around St. Mark's Pl...where we used to hang out...the only concern is some of us may not be able to stand the spicy and hotty..... It's around NYU area and lots of bars and restaurants around. I think it will be under $20 /person (as usual)
I've been there twice: it's crowded and expensive. Also, some may not like the smelly tofu or frog legs. :D

On a more constructive note, I believe NYC is a diversified city that we should be able to try something good without breaking the budgets.

Here is what i suggest for a location:
Affordable, choices for different taste. Most important of all, the availability this Friday evening.

If someone suggests a location, would they be able to RSVP for a group of 20 on Friday evening with 2 days notice ?

With all those requirements in mind, i know some restaurants that have the following:

Affordable: Most of the dishes on the menu are under $10. In fact, you can order 2 dishes for $10.
Choices: large percentage of the customers are Westerners so they have dishes for all level of foodie

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if i can RSVP.

Andy, as to your criteria ...say PRICE + SPACE...it's really hard to find it in Manhattan. Maybe some diners....Tell me if you get one...

I just called Kelly at Xe Lua and set up an RSVP for 20 people around 6pm on Friday.

Take a look at their website and menu
http://newyork.diningoutonline.com/restaurant/?rp=2732

Katherine, Eddie, Yusheng and I have been there before. Their specialty is Pho Xe Lua ($5.50)

Please let me know if someone arranged something different

I just called Kelly at Xe Lua and set up an RSVP for 20 people around 6pm on Friday.

Take a look at their website and menu
http://newyork.diningoutonline.com/restaurant/?rp=2732

Katherine, Eddie, Yusheng and I have been there before. Their specialty is Pho Xe Lua ($5.50)

Please let me know if someone arranged something different

Looks good....this is a new Vietnamese restaurant just opened up right? Don't think I've been here before.

Hey guys,

Some people have said they would like to meet at Grand Central Station at the clock at 10:45. We are going to be meeting at the the info booth (it has a large clock on top of it) in the main concourse.

There will be people meeting at the QuantNet lab tomorrow at 10:30am. If you are not sure how to get to GCT please meet there.

If you have any questions please call me at (646) 361-2150. I will be at the info booth to see about the tickets.

http://as0.mta.info/mnr/stations/station_detail.cfm?key=1

325px-Grand_Central_test.jpg
gct_clock.jpg

I will not be able to attend, due to unforeseen work-related emergencies
I apologize for the late notice. I hope you guys enjoy the visit

- Giampiero

Affordable: Most of the dishes on the menu are under $10. In fact, you can order 2 dishes for $10.
Choices: large percentage of the customers are Westerners so they have dishes for all level of foodie

The question is... Is the food tasty in those places? :D

We just had a big dinner there. I'll let others judge the quality of the food.
The total bill for 10 persons is a mere $64 ;)

I have to say it's one of the better Pho (Vietnamese noodle) places in Chinatown. Most of the restaurants do not offer a very import piece of herb called 'ngo gai' or thorny coriander, aka culantro
ngogai.JPG
, which gives the authentic taste...and this place offers this herb on the side dish! (y)

Back