• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Physics BA after quantitative analyst position interview

So I have a BA degree in Applied physics and it's been already two years since I finished my studies. Currently I am working as a data analyst in e-commerce company but I tried to send my CV to a bank for a quant position. The interviewer liked my education (he also has degree in physics so I guess he liked me simply because of that) and I feel like my interview went really well. He asked me some questions about the ideas of quantum mechanics and theory of probability just to check if I had basic understanding of probabilities and that was all the maths he wanted me to know. The last thing I had to do is to solve basic kind-of-an-IQ-test which was not directly related to the position and there is the last interview going to happen tomorrow just to discuss my answers of the test.

I feel that there is a really high chance for me to get hired. But I have started to get paranoid: it's been two years since I finished my studies and even if I have a good statistical intuition, am fast learner and not afraid of challenges, by now I do not even remember how to solve a simple differential equations or integrate in general.

Some people say that I would be able to relearn all the needed maths really quickly since I have already studied them. At the same time I am thinking "what if I fail?".

Do I have any chances here?

Back