• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Popular Electronic Trading Platforms

Hi,
I'm wanting to do cross market arbitrage. Ideally, I would like to find a platform so I can do the following.
-Short relatively expensive stocks on one market, then use that money to buy relatively less expensive stocks on another market.
-I want to have access to most international markets; the more the merrier.
-I want to see the best bid and offer prices, so I can instantly act as the counter party. Having to wait will screw up my numbers.
-data that's importable into excel and easily programmed with VBA

I am pretty sure I can do what I want with Bloomberg, but their system may be overkill for my purposes.

Thanks for your help

Yep, IB works pretty well. I hope you have only simplified your model for the forum, because what you plan to do comes with considerable basis and currency risks - and you'd want to know them all before you execute :)

I'm going to download IB's demo, to see what I think of it. Looks good so far.
Yeah, I didn't go into too much detail about what I'm planning to do. I'm not planning to use futures, and the currency risk isn't really a concern. I'll be keeping a position in various currencies as part of my diversified portfolio. I just far too often see stock from the same company traded in two separate currencies which occasionally have pricing divergence, as much as 30%, then to go back to par within 3-4 days.
When I said I want the transactions to be instant. I want to see what people are offering and asking and be able to lay claim to that transaction; I want to know where I stand. I wasn't talking about the settlement period.

Actually, it would be really nice to know if they're able to lend me the shares I want to short, before I expose myself.

Back