• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Preparing together for quant interviews

I have a quant dev interview on January 19. Would anybody be able to help me prepare by role-playing as the interviewer for example? In return, I can help the same person prepare. For example, we could meet on skype for a 2 hour session, each taking turns to be the interviewer and interviewee. This type of practice interviewing is done all the time for software engineer and software developer positions. Maybe quants could learn from this?

Is anyone interested?

Paul

I have a quant dev interview on January 19.
Jan 19, ok, now it would be too short term...
Of course there are number of questions (a good reference is e.g. FAQ in Quantitative Finance by Wilmott). However, more or less standard questions are not the only scenario.
They may ask you e.g. to name all stocks you know from Dow Jones (to see whether you have a genuine interest to finance). I recently took part in interviews an asked candidates to tell me about their thesis. Thus, though preparing will never hurt, first of all, be youself

P.S.
But yes, you have to know by heart how to derive the BS-Formula ;)

Back