• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Profile Evaluation: which schools should I apply? 选校定位

I am graduating in Dec 2016 and am planning to apply for MFE programs upon graduation. But I really don't have an idea of what kinds of university should I apply for? Can somebody please help me evaluate my profile and give me some suggestions on school selections. Thanks a lot.

Here is my profile:
International student from China
Undergraduate: US TOP50

Majors: finance, theoretical mathematics; GPA: expected 3.90

Relevant Courses Grade:
CAL 1 2 3: A, B+, A;
Linear Algebra: A-;
Financial Math(FM): A
Foundation of Math proof: A-
MATLAB: A
C++: A
Probability(STAT1): A; STAT2: A;
ODE: A PDE: A;
Real Analysis 1 2: A, A
Abstract Algebra 1 2: A, A
Stochastic Process: Pending

Interns: top IB in China, local small wealth management company; local small investment company; activity looking for big name this coming summer.

If I can go to any one of Cornell MFE/Uchi FM /Columbia FM/MSOR, I will be very happy!

Thank you!

I am graduating in Dec 2016 and am planning to apply for MFE programs upon graduation. But I really don't have an idea of what kinds of university should I apply for? Can somebody please help me evaluate my profile and give me some suggestions on school selections. Thanks a lot.

Here is my profile:
International student from China
Undergraduate: US TOP50

Majors: finance, theoretical mathematics; GPA: expected 3.90

Relevant Courses Grade:
CAL 1 2 3: A, B+, A;
Linear Algebra: A-;
Financial Math(FM): A
Foundation of Math proof: A-
MATLAB: A
C++: A
Probability(STAT1): A; STAT2: A;
ODE: A PDE: A;
Real Analysis 1 2: A, A
Abstract Algebra 1 2: A, A
Stochastic Process: Pending

Interns: top IB in China, local small wealth management company; local small investment company; activity looking for big name this coming summer.

If I can go to any one of Cornell MFE/Uchi FM /Columbia FM/MSOR, I will be very happy!

Thank you!

You can definitely try the schools that you listed. I cannot say guranteed but it's very likely.

You can definitely try the schools that you listed. I cannot say guranteed but it's very likely.

Thanks for reply and encourgament. I have friends with good academic records got rejected this year, which makes me worry a lot.

Thanks for reply and encourgament. I have friends with good academic records got rejected this year, which makes me worry a lot.
That's always going to be the case. Top programs (Princeton, Columbia, CMU, etc) have admission rates in the single digits ~ low two digits.

I don't know why you input some Chinese words in the title? I don't think anyone coming to quantnet doesn't know English.
Dude, I do not think it bothers anyone. Your logic is like "I don't think anyone going to Japanese restaurant does not know to use fork, so how can Japanese restaurant have chopsticks".

Dude, I do not think it bothers anyone. Your logic is like "I don't think anyone going to Japanese restaurant does not know to use fork, so how can Japanese restaurant have chopsticks".

I never say that bothers, man. I meant you don't need.

Back