• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Profile Evaluation

Hello,

I am an Indian student with a bachelor's in Computer Engineering from a well reputed university with a cgpa of 8.1/10 and the final year cgpa of 9.3/10. The following are a few more details regarding my profile:

1. CFA L1 cleared
  2. FRM Part 1 given, pending results (mostly cleared)
  3. A few finance related online courses from edX and Coursera
  4. Taking the GRE mid-December (expecting 325+ according to Mock Tests)
  5. Two relevant internships (2 months and 4 months)
  6. Two projects developed based on machine learning and finance
  7. Published a paper in AJCT on the aforementioned project
I really wanted to know my chances at the various MS in financial engineering and related programs. It would be of great help if someone could guide me through this.

You are a pretty competitive candidate, just make sure you clarify your reasons for the application as you don't seem to have full time work experience. GS, MS do hire from campuses so it wouldn't hurt to work for a year or two and then apply for studies. But its your call. Good luck!

Back