• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Quantitative Methods and Modeling Program at Baruch Good?

As a QMM graduate I can comment on this.

Does anyone know if the Quantitative Methods and Modeling MS program is a good and respected program?

It is a good program, given that all programs are good, but probably the least known at Baruch.

What kind of people are pursuing this type of education?

If you are already working and want to get quantitative training, this program is for you. Those who want to get a job after QMM might find theselves in a difficult situation. The main reason is that the program trains you in 3 different areas but you don't get full education in any of the 3. If a company is looking for a Statistician they would rather hire someone with a degree in Statistics. However, this program is a good addition if you have a degree in something less quantitative and your other degree is in demand.

I'm in Marketing Research Analytics and want to get a MS with emphasis on analytics but also want the research side to go along with it.

I'm not sure about the research side. There are projects in the program where you can do independent research of your own data.

Do you think this MS is worth while?

This program is good if you have a busy schedule at work. Homework load is less than, say, at MFE, so you can easily take 3 courses while working.

This program might help you in a way that they will teach you SAS and R, you might get some experience working with marketing data in SAS or R.

Back