• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

QuantNet Picnic In Central Park on Sat 9/20

I don't live very far from there, so I can reserve us a spot. I can probably also find some blankets to sit on (will post again if I do).

I can help unloading the provisions and bring some snacks and backgamon/chess games.

Billy, is it possible to post a list here, like what/how many we need, so that we can pick the items that we can help?

It may be inappropriate, but you could use a wiki page for that. Then each person can "claim" an item by editing an putting their name under it.

I bought 2 of this. Anyone played this before?

shuttlecock-001.jpg

Hey Andy, if you make some subtle changes to that "thing" you propose to kick around, by removing the feathers and increasing the size of the "object" so us older guys can see it, you might get something us Europeans call “football”!!

tango-ball.gif

isn't that badminton that you play with a racquet?
Foot shuttlecock is played by foot and i think it much more fun as many people can play at once.

Ohh I never knew we could play that way too, interesting. Would surely try it on saturday :)

Hey Andy, if you make some subtle changes to that "thing" you propose to kick around, by removing the feathers and increasing the size of the "object" so us older guys can see it, you might get something us Europeans call "football"!!

tango-ball.gif

It will be cool to see how well we mathematicians play this thing called football. Armed with the best algorithm in C++ we can figure out the best curve in no time for the ball to go around the man-wall and hit the up left corner of the goalie. What's left is the precise and powerful kick, which is trivial. =D>

Billy, is it possible to post a list here, like what/how many we need, so that we can pick the items that we can help?

Great idea Maggie!

I would say that anyone who requires a lawn chair should bring their own.

We'll need about 5 blankets / sheets for people to sit on.

It would be awesome if the advance team could grab a few picnic tables.

Sports equipment - just bring whatever you want.

Like I said, Woody and I will round up the food. The down side of this is that you have to eat whatever we buy. Same for drinks. So, if there are any special diet requirements let me know now.

Other than that, just bring whatever you want to bring.

Just wondering if people who could play musical instruments could bring and play for us.

(guitar(muting), violin, flute, saxophone (Shuwen) etc. etc.)

Dont know how feasible and great is this idea, just thought of it ;)

By any chance, is anyone going to be first at the college and then to central park ?

Or does college come in anyone's way while driving to central park ?

I would be glad if we could go together.

Back