• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Quantnet positions are now Open

I have discovered during the last several weeks alone that there are several quant finance forums/sites that either just created or actively recruiting for new members. ;)

Since we are all targeting the same group of audience, we'd better not take the success of our community for granted.

I'm looking for few active members who will work on top secret projects that can ensure future growth of Quantnet. I have private forums here that only visible to members of that projects.

I'm also looking for a new Quantnet Admin to replace me.

Up for the challenge ? Contact me.

Andy, what do you mean by "replace me"? :) are you going anywhere? :)

I think the biggest challenge is to do something on a regular basis. For example, someone might work on the wiki page or post something in the forum for a week or a month and then get busy at work or school and disappear for a while.

I'm not going anywhere that internet connection is not available ;) but I think it's time Quantnet needs a few co-admins who can run/maintain/fix QN when I'm not around.

Time is always an issue. But I believe if you are passionate about something, you can always find time to devote for it.

I've been quietly searching for a few co-admins for a while but the opportunities haven't presented themselves yet. (hint, hint..)

Hi Andy, et al,

Excellent direction you have decided to take. I think it is clear that baruch, your department/director, andy, baraider, and the entire quantnet community has succeeded here.

If there is anything I can do in the way of graphic design let me know. The quantnet website could benefit from a corporate identity/branding overhaul, but I do feel you guys have the best forum/community, 10/10 there.

To Alain & everyone else who has joined my new site, stay tuned!

:tiphat:

what could i do,andy?

BTW, im a moderator of two boards in our school BBS, a BBS having normally 7k-8k online students, also i manage a Chelsea fan board in another school-based BBS, where the number can amount to 14k! Chinese students are so loving BBS.

what could i do,andy?

BTW, im a moderator of two boards in our school BBS, a BBS having normally 7k-8k online students, also i manage a Chelsea fan board in another school-based BBS, where the number can amount to 14k! Chinese students are so loving BBS.
Redirect those traffic to Quantnet. :D
Or you can add a banner/link to Quantnet on your signatures at the BBS you moderate.

Since you said Chinese students are so loving BBS and we have only a handful of them here, you should send few thousands members on your BBS to Quantnet ;)

Redirect those traffic to Quantnet. :D
Or you can add a banner/link to Quantnet on your signatures at the BBS you moderate.

Since you said Chinese students are so loving BBS and we have only a handful of them here, you should send few thousands members on your BBS to Quantnet ;)

yep. im gonna try best invite those who interested in FE to QN.

The reality in our courtry is that quant is not a well-known job for common students, they are now in a time fancinated by CFA! but things can change.;)

I'd like to introduce Mr. Steve Townsend as our newest addition to the Quantnet staff. He will be moderator for our Computing forum. Glad to have you aboard, Steve !

Here is a short biography of Steve
Steve Townsend received a degree in Mathematics from Christ's College, Cambridge University, UK, Upper Class Second. Currently, Steve is a Vice President at Credit Suisse in the Fixed Income Derivatives Products group. His responsibilities include research and analytics server-side development. Prior to CS, he was a developer of equity sell-side Order Management System for Lava Trading and worked for Microsoft Corporation as a software development engineer. Steve is an experienced team leader, with a solid understanding of finance and mathematics. Steve enjoys traveling, skiing, listening to music, New York City culture, and keeping up with the latest news on current affairs, quantitative finance and software development. In his free time, Steve loves spending time with his wife, daughter, and the family pets.

I'm happy to announce that Muting will be the moderator for our Finance forum. He would help generate content, discussion in that forum.

Muting Ren will receive a BA in finance from the University of International Business and Economics in July. He worked as a fixed income analyst at Penghua Fund Management where his responsibilities included monitoring economic variables and portfolio risk analysis. Prior to this, he had interned at Bear Sterns & Co. (China) and Guotai Junan Securities Research Institute. Muting was a Beijing Honorary Student and received several First Prize Academic Scholarships and Enterprise Scholarships. He co-authored a book with his mentor, writing a chapter on liquidity risk. Muting aggressively participates in discussions about the Chinese economy and is Vice President of a student organization focusing on economic issues.

Back