• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

rafting / paintball

Hi, guys, this is a summer for water fun and other outdoors. Posting it here to see if anyone interested.

[cccssa] Rafting and Paintball at Kittatinny, NY (Saturday, July29th)

CCCSSA is organizing a one-day rafting/paintball trip to Kittatinny, upstate of New York. It will take place on the last Saturday of this month, July 29th. By the time we arrive at Kittatinny base, you will be splitted into two groups: rafting and paintball. Choose either of them. There's no enough time to play both in one short day. We'll leave City College early Saturday morning, and come back late that night.

The cost for the trip is

Rafting: $36.50

Paintball: $31.95

Transportation: $15 (approximately, depending on the number of our group)

If you're interested in joining us, please send the following information along with your group choice to Bin He at hebin@che.ccny. cuny.edu, or call her at ext 5887.

Your name

Telephone number

Number of adults

Number of children

Email address

Rafting or Paintball :D :D :D

Does anybody here play paintball? I used to play paintball... it is not for the faint of heart... and it does hurt. but it is a lot of fun.

alain said:
Does anybody here play paintball? I used to play paintball... it is not for the faint of heart... and it does hurt. but it is a lot of fun.

I played once - a lot of fun, but I promised to myself ``never again" :)

now, if you organize a going out to the opera, you might have something there :D

This Sat? I'd love to go but I'm not sure if I can get my unfinished work done by then. If they organize again next month, please let me know.
Paint ball sounds fun. Anything involves guns and shooting at people, i'm in. Just kidding. Never been to any of those and would love to take the newbie label off me.

Any outdoor activities should involve Maciek. He is a hard-core outdoor lovers, climbing, biking, kayaking,.... We should arrange to have a Quantnet outting some time during the break.

Paintball if there is no hard core players or, to be exact if everybody plays with "rentals". If somebody brings their own marker, it will be unfair.

alain said:
If somebody brings their own marker, it will be unfair.
Somebody actually buys they own gun to shoot paint ball? Wow, that's what i call hard-core. That must mean they would have to shoot people every week to be worthwhile.
I'm surprised that you guys did these kind of outdoor activities. You seem like a very busy bunch. I'm a homeboy compared to you guys :oops:

If possible, we should plan something that gets all of us outdoor and bond together. I'm thinking about taking the incoming fulltime students to visit the NYSE trading floor and then Ground Zero at the beginning of the semester. I've never been there and there is no excuse not to now. Taking pictures with the bull at the market is actually very cool too :D

Paintball sounds like fun. Never been but would def. try though not this weekend. For those interested in shooting, there is a shooting gallery around chelsea. I think it was $25 + lesson + bullets (I did this a while ago). Total was something like $100 but well worth it. Target practice rules. On another note, I'm noticing Bridget, Frank and Alain are ahead of me in the posting, gotta get up there

As we discussed the paintball adventure during dinner last night, it's time to resurrect this thread. I know who my target is and I'll smoke him out of the hole. ;)

paintball-01.jpg

I will be more than willing to play paintball. I haven't touched my marker in 3 years so I'm a little bit rusty but I'm always ready for the challenge.
Leave your marker home and we'll talk.
Only Chris and you have own marker so I don't think it's fair for everone else to use a rental. :smt102

We are planning for a trip to PA to do some serious "team/male bonding" through paintball games sometime after final.

I promise not to go overboard but I don't like the rentals. It seems that you are shootting curveballs when you play with them. How many people plan to go? I can take 6 in my car.

I'm down. =) I can take 4 in my car.
This is where I went last time. http://www.skirmish.com/paintball_fields.html
Thanks Chris. The field indeed looks great.
And I have to agree with Alain. The rentals tend to have the paintballs balls curve WAY to much.
Does it matter if I have you at point blank ? ;)
You know I'm not gonna let you gain up on me with your own marker right ? I probably get my own marker and buy a season pass there too :D

What is the model you own, Chris ? Any recommendation for the biggest, baddest marker out there ? I'm looking at some Tippmann 98 or A-5

Chris, this is the site I went last year after the Refresher Courses...The rate I posted was last year...not sure about this year. But if you have your own gears. Actually, the big group splitted and some of them went rafting....(which was a little cold at that time) and the rest played paintball. ...This year, I may pick rafting, it hurts when the point balls hit me...

Chris, what kind of marker do you have?

My first marker was a minimag, then I upgrade with a retrovalve and electronica control. Then I canned it for the Nasty Impulse (but that was in 2003). So it has been 4 years since I have hit the fields.

I played at Skirmish once and it is a great field, lots of setups and obstacles. I've played in Long Island as well and it is good but gets really crowded.

If you have never played paintball keep in mind that it really hurts... and it leaves a mark!!!

If you have never played paintball keep in mind that it really hurts... and it leaves a mark!!!
Sounds great. Bring it on :thumbsup:

Others can go rafting which is a lot of fun in the water.

You guys want to sign up for the "Invasion of Normandy" on July 14,15th ? We can go together as Team Baruch. Bring own markers and join team Allies.

There will be 4000+ people there. 24 hours battle. 2 days. Looks great
http://www.skirmish.com/scenario.html

ion2007.jpg

Sounds great. Bring it on :thumbsup:

Others can go rafting which is a lot of fun in the water.

You guys want to sign up for the "Invasion of Normandy" on July 14,15th ? We can go together as Team Baruch. Bring own markers and join team Allies.

There will be 4000+ people there. 24 hours battle. 2 days. Looks great
http://www.skirmish.com/scenario.html

Andy, you will get really tired when doing one of this and at night it is a lot of confusion. It looks like a real battle field. The paintball field in LI used to do the same.

Alain/Andy,

I got a Spyder Compact Deluxe. I bought it a few years back. I'm thinking about upgrading the barrel and adding an expansion chamber if we go for sure.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/529/

Thanks,

Chris

not bad... My marker is still in my parents' house. I will have to pick it up and get it ready... with all my gear.... Ah :)

- Nasty Impulse with Electronic eye
- All American Barrel
- Nitro Tank
- A lot of bells and whistles

I forgot to tell you guys/girls something, paintball can be addictive. The rush that you get while you are playing is great!!!

Back