• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Reading Hull's book cover-to-cover practical?

I'm currently on chapter 5. Been studying it carefully, answering all practice questions and checking answers. There seems to be about 30 chapters, and with the way I'm studying it, this would take couple months. Since it's an introductory book, I don't want to spend too much time on it. Would it be practical to read the book cover-to-cover or just read some of it and move on? What else should I start reading/practicing to complement this book?

Some background info: I have finished a probabilities course, calculus courses up to differential equations, and couple courses in C++ and self taught some Python.

Back