• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Recommendation Letter for MS

Hi,

I was applying for several universities and got stuck on a recommendation letter submission for NYU Tandon MFE.

My internship manager who I worked closely with has shifted to another company. He cannot use the old mail id and has to submit the letter through a personal id.

Most universities have mentioned they will do further investigation for the recommenders, which is expected.
NYU Tandon MFE has mentioned they need a company mail id, as well as a watermark of the company as a compulsory measure.
Has anyone faced a similar situation, what could be the solution? I urgently need the recommendation of the internship manager.

Thank you

i'd suggest sending the admissions team an email and asking them.

but if you don't have time for that i think your recommender should use the corporate id at his new firm. that will give it some legitimacy, because anyone can make a personal gmail/yahoo account with any username. and make sure you mention very categorically — both when you're entering his details and on the recommendation letter that he submits — that he supervised you when he was at firm f_{t-1} but now works at f_{t}

i'd suggest sending the admissions team an email and asking them.

but if you don't have time for that i think your recommender should use the corporate id at his new firm. that will give it some legitimacy, because anyone can make a personal gmail/yahoo account with any username. and make sure you mention very categorically — both when you're entering his details and on the recommendation letter that he submits — that he supervised you when he was at firm f_{t-1} but now works at f_{t}
Hi, thank a lot for the clarification on this. Ensured all details are mentioned

Back