• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Recommended Refresher Maths Books

didje

French Student
Hi everyone! I'm a CS student in a french school and I would like to refresh my skills in maths (because I think about applying to a MFE after I graduate).

I've had introductory statistics and probability courses when I was in high school, plus Multivariable calculus and differential equations when I was a student in mechanical engineering so I would like to know if you could recommend me some books to start over in those fields.

Plus, I will certainly have a more advanced class in statistics and probability next year so if you have also a more advanced book to recommend, it won't be bad for me :) !

Thanks!

Plus, I will certainly have a more advanced class in statistics and probability next year so if you have also a more advanced book to recommend, it won't be bad for me.

Anything but Ross's "First Course in Probability."

There is a really long thread regarding this with a lot of insight... Please look for that... Sorry, I'm away from my computer and can't find it easily... If you can't find it by tonight.. I'll look for it from my computer...

Back