• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Rotman International Trading Competition

Hey guys. Has anybody here even been to the Rotman International Trading Competition in Toronto? I had an acquaintance that went and mention it and he said good things but itd be pretty useful to get more detail about this. I've looked at its website at http://ritc.rotman.utoronto.ca/ and I'd like to hear any firsthand experiences.

Thanks,
J

The software (RIT) is a lot of fun.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

There is an EVEN BIGGER competition at CME every year.

Both are a good time. Great way to network also.

The CME one looks pretty cool, except the location.

Houston, really?!?!?!?!?

Houston, the fattest city in the US of A.

The CME one looks pretty cool, except the location.

Houston, really?!?!?!?!?

University of Houston started the competition. Also, majority of the oil companies are located in Houston along with CME offices.

It is very cool.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Houston, the fattest city in the US of A.

Huntington, West Virginia.

Aggh the rankings keep changing! It's not Huntington though, it doesn't even make Men's Health's list.

CME's exchange is in Chicago, hence I demand all competitions happening on CME take place in Chicago!

CME's exchange is in Chicago, hence I demand all competitions happening on CME take place in Chicago!

They actually have had parts in New York (NYMEX) in Chicago (CBOT/CME) and in Houston. It's not a 2 day competition like Rotman. It's spread out.

2010 Tulane Energy Trading Competition

Tulane also started an Energy trading contest since last year.

The 2010 competition just finished up last week.

CME is the event underwriter and some energy and trading data firms are the sponsors.

87 teams from 33 Universities participating in the 2010 Tulane Energy Trading Competition!

Here's the link for more details:

http://www.freeman.tulane.edu/trading/2010/results.php

Rotman 2011 results:

http://newswire.ascribe.org/cgi-bin/behold.pl?ascribeid=20110222.115825&time=13 54 PST&year=2011&public=0

Overall rankings:

1st place: M.I.T. (second consecutive year)
2nd place: University of Chicago
3rd place: CUNY / Baruch College
4th place: Northwestern University
5th place: University of Toronto / Rotman School of Business

The team from CUNY / Baruch College won the Algorithmic HFT section of the competition, and also placed among the top 5 teams (out of 46 participants) in three additional sections of the competition:

3rd place: Alpha ATS: Sales and Trader
3rd place: Thomson Reuters Quantitative and Event Driven trading
5th place: Interest Rates trading

Congrats to all who participated!

Back